The project I'd like o share with you this week is my latest obsession...wine glass design. I chose this project for two reasons: 1. Shameless self promotion I make these for others and would LOVE to make one for you. Please check out my Facebook page and "like" it if you like what you see : ) 2. If you are willing to learn, I'm willing to show ya how. Vinyl is tricky to work with and people are often scared of it, but I'll see if I can give you a few decent tricks to use to take away some of the fear.
Here are some pictures of my glasses and I'll post some tips below:
- First, working with matte vinyl on glass is one of the most forgiving ways to start with vinyl. If the vinyl wrinkles, its easy to pull back up and re-apply.
- Get some cheap glasses from the dollar store. If it doesn't work out, you won't be out a lot of money : ) Work your way up from there. You'll also find lots of other great stuff to decorate there : )
- USE TRANSFER PAPER. Read the directions if you are not familiar with it. Yes... you can use Reynolds Wrap Press and Seal.... Don't do it if its your first try. That's a whole other tutorial in its self. Should I do one? Comment below.
- Use a paper piercer to keep your fingers off the vinyl. Carefully lift and move edges with the tip.
- Layering is a beast. Do it BEFORE you place it on the glass, not after and use a light table if you have one. Its not necessary - I get by without it, but it makes things a LOT easier when you do have one.
- EMBELLISH!!! Add ribbon, make a wine charm, use EPOXY GLUE (not any other kind) to adhere rhinestones - get creative! (side note - I don't use rhinestones, I prefer to use mirror vinyl)
Hugs and Chirps!