So, on Tuesday my Explore arrived. I bought it through Amazon (oh how I love Prime and 2 day shipping)! It arrived exactly 5 minutes before I was leaving for a doctors appointment which bummed me out. I didn't even get to open the box.
After the doctors, hubby and I were having lunch and I broke the news to him. "Babe? Ya know how I asked you if I could drop 300 bucks on something no questions asked and you replied sure?" He says "uh.... what did you do?" Me: I uh, bought the cricut explore. He sat there and shook his head. "You said you'd never give them another dime" you are correct fine sir, I did say that. BUT, I said "I will never spend a dime of YOUR hard earned money on them, I work now, so I spent mine" I won't tell you the conversation that led to LOL. We share an account but I somehow justified it in my head. He's a good man, he supports whatever I do and was just kidding. But seriously, I couldn't spend it back when it was just him working. He comes home dead tired and sore every day and I would have felt horribly guilty.
Ok enough of that dribble, so on to the explore. Later that evening I finally got a chance to take it out of the box. It was VERY well packaged. I was impressed. I put it on the desk and wondered where I should set it up. You guys, my craft area is a disaster. It really needs organized and re thought out - but any of you following me know that it's an annual thing with me. Anyway I plopped it right in the middle of the desk pushing my sewing machine to the side.
Husband jumps in shower. I set up the machine, (easy peasy) and update the firmware. I was already rooting around the Design Space so it logged me right on and I was ready to try it out. I did the card below:
- Projects not being included in the subscription service. Some are 99 cents, others I saw at 10.00, Sometimes you want to just do something quickly and I think the prices are a tad high on a one time projects.
- The Mat was bent. (you can see it at the corner of the card on the right side) I sat something heavy on it all night and the bend is still there.
- You get an email giving you 25% off at the Cricut Store on any purchase. I filled up the cart with tons of things, added the code and got an error "Doesn't apply with these purchases" Annoying but not really a deal breaker.
- The speed, the quietness and the precision.
- The overall design is sleek and handsome
- The little compartments for tools
- All of my cartridges were already there under "My Sets" - I didn't have to link any of them!
- Came with a few materials to get you started.
- Can we share projects with friends?
- How does the Ipad app work? Can I design on the go and hook it up later?
Hugs and Happiness!