Old West Cartridge Challenge
Jen Stewart brings us another super fun project as a Guest Designer and she has a lot to say about this frame.
I need to say that this project is a little more advanced, takes a bit of time patience getting the small pieces together. I bought a frame from Michaels in the unfinished wood area for $1.00.
1. PRIME your frame first - the frame soaks up a lot of paint, so priming first will help cut down coats. I used 3 coats of paint total (primer, then 2 coats of green paint)
2. I found it easiest to cut pieces one step at a time and assemble. i.e. cut all pieces for the horses, then assemble horses, cut all pieces for the hat, then assemble - etc. Oh yeah - ink all the edges - you'll be glad you did! It just adds a bit more rustic charm.
3. If you have a Xyron, it made it faster and easier to assemble all the pieces together.
4. Lay all assembles pieces on the frame before adhereing them down.
5. I used pop dots for adhereing to the frame. Makes it fun to pop right off the frame!!
Remember this project is a bit more advanced using the Cricut. There is a lot of shifting of keys and lots of different images to cut. This project took me about 2 hours from start to finish. Have fun - this project is worth the time and effort!!
My #1 Shopping Site
Hello everyone! I've missed you all! What a crazy summer it has been. I just kept walking by my craft room and longing to sit down a...
Good morning! And what a good morning it is : ) Heather S. here with this week's Sunday Surprise and as I write this post I am sitting...
Hey Krazies! My sweet friend Michelle from Scrappin with my Bug is having a birthday! We're celebrating by gathering a bunch of fun l...
Hey Hoppers! I hope you are here for the Back to School Hop hosted by Pink Cricut! Lots of fun things for you to do and projects to look a...
How do you store your 12x12 paper? Do you like those Vertical folders from Cropper Hopper? See that? 5.88. I love them, but I needed 15 ...
Hey Krazies! This post is #200 yaaay! To celebrate I am sharing the ugliest card EVER with you and to reward (or compensate you) for look...
Hey Krazies! We had a great time at the Baltimore Crop last weekend, it took a few days to recover! I don't have any photos to post y...
Hi Krazies - yeah, I misspelled it yesterday, I wrote Krazys. But I'm not changing it. Why? Because I'm lazy like that. It's h...
Happy Happy Summer my crafty friends! As you know, we were blessed with our very first grandbaby in March and after 7 weeks in Pediatric I...
Brought to you by a Guest Designer. Alma in Princeton Texas says The card was cut at exactly the measurements suggested. 7" Everythi...